Monday, September 30, 2013

Uses of Lemons

 
I love lemons on cooking as well, but you have to be careful it doesn't over power the flavor. I love to add it to any seafood at the end, always to my soup and of course for salad dressings.
 
I know there are many uses of lemon, but the most used of lemons in my house are listed below.

1: To get rid of the smell and help sanitize the cutting board, rub it all over with the cut side of half a lemon or wash it in undiluted juice straight from the bottle.

2: If your garbage disposal is beginning to make your sink smell yucky, lemon is your best friend.

Lemon and orange peels and toss them down the drain.


4: Lemon water reduces the production of free radicals which are responsible for aging skin and skin damage. Lemon water is calorie free and an antioxidant.

5: Lemon water can fight throat infections thanks to its antibacterial property.

6: Lemon juice also stops bleeding gums and reduces toothaches.

7: Lemon juice helps to purify the blood, reduces your chances of indigestion, constipation, eliminates toxins from the body, adds digestion and reduces.

I hope you enjoyed this post. I love reading your comments.

2 comments:

  1. This was very interesting, Sara! I liked #6 and did not know lemons would help with bleeding gums. Thank you, friend, for sharing. Have a great week! Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sara! I agree with Stephanie, I didn't know about the gums thing.

    A blog friend of mine has a lemon tree, I wonder if she knows all these uses? I love the way lemons smell, and enjoy using them (and limes) for deodorizing.

    Happy Thursday!
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete