Monday, October 7, 2013

The goodness of God!

 
God’s goal for us is to make us like His Son.“For whom He foreknew, He also predestined to become conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the first-born among many brethren.”
We can be growing toward that goal daily; any choice we make that fails to contribute to that goal is going to increase our unhappiness. In other words, we do not always know what is best for us.
My children think they know what will make them happy, but since I know a little better about life, I know better what produces true happiness. So I continue to say no even if I know I am not the best mom when I said no. I always tell my kids, I love you , just trust me I am doing this for your own good.
 
 True happiness can be found only when we get to know God and grow in the likeness of His Son. Nothing reminds us of that more dramatically or encourages us to grow in Him more effectively than pain and suffering. Without it we might drift away, live our lives apart from Him, and never know true happiness. Suffering does not cast doubt on God’s goodness; it demonstrates it. 
 
Psalms 119:17,"It is good for me that I was afflicted,
That I may learn Thy statutes."
 
Blessing to you my friends!

3 comments:

  1. Thank you, dearest Sara, for sharing these words of sweet wisdom with us. May you have a blessed week, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sara! Oh, I have thought about this parent/Jesus analogy a lot. My kids never were happy in the short term, but they could see looking back. I think I am like that too much with the Lord. I need to trust and obey. But I am a rambunctious teenager, that's for sure!

    Great post :)
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that was beautiful… and sometimes a very hard pill to swallow. But, if we stand strong on the Romans 8:28 promise, we will get through those moments. Thank you for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete